What we’ve been up to
The Sleeves are an all-British band, based in Hong Kong and recorded their second album “Deliverance” at 60 Road Studios. You can preview the songs on this link.
The album was highly recommended by PoP in Singapore, and Timeout Hong Kong listed it as one of the best released of the year.
Kampot Playboys are a fusion band from south Cambodia and are known for their lively energetic live performances and unique sound. Their debut album “Garuda” was long anticipated and well received internationally, as well as with their local fan base. It was selected as one of the best albums of 2018 by Khmer Times.
Punk rockers The WildMen recorded and mixed their debut EP at 60 Road Studios.
Cambodian Space Project & Paul Kelly
Jim Diamond, a leading producer/sound engineer that has produced albums for successful US bands (such as The White Stripes, The Sonics), joined the band at 60 Road Studios to record their album “Spaced Out In Wonderland”.
Dean Wolf Bailey
Stockport legend Dean has worked extensively with the studio on his material, releasing Sophie just prior to the pandemic. We look forward to him releasing more of his work later this year.
Originally rubbish-picking street kids, Doch Chkae is a high energy black metal band that performed at Wacken Festival in 2019.
American born Cambodian superstar Laura Mam was the first popular Cambodian artist to record with us – tracking vocals for her hit “Navanny Ku Knom”. Our sample library was used extensively for her following album, which included Khloy (bamboo flute) on her song "Srey Saart" with Sok Pisey.
Socheat and Ponleur performed on Laura Mam’s hit “Navanny Ku Kyom”. Several months later Kmeng Khmer were formed and they were back at 60 Road Studios to record their first single “My Way”, which became a huge hit in the Kingdom.
Mexican singer/songwriter Ricardo Gonzalez’s vocals were recorded during his time in Cambodia, and produced by Alejandro Rivas C.
Norwegian singer-songwriter Marie, partnered with 60 Road Studios to co-arrange and produce her song “Traces”. The entire team happily helped out, playing guitar, programmed drums and synth sounds
California-based Spooky Mansion recorded and mixed their recent E.P. “Cambodian B Sides” at 60 Road Studios.
After Melissa Lingo recorded her album Vertigo at 60 Road Studios, she chose to help finance the Vertigo Vol 2 album with a live performance at the studio with cellist Cecile LaCharme.
In the press
- Khmer Times, November, 2018: From the backblocks of WA to 60 Road Studios
- Khmer Times, June, 2018: Highway to 60 Road Studios
- SEA Globe, September, 2017: Bringing the Tunes to Temple Town
- Phnom Penh Post, July 8, 2016: Hong Kong Rockers Blazing Trails with Siem Reap’s 60 Road Studios
- Khmer Times, February 25, 2016: Ian Croft, on Chubmet Festival and Cambodia’s evolving music
- Phnom Penh Post, February 16, 2016: ChubMet Festival’s Second Edition is a Blend of Modern and Traditional Sounds
- Phnom Penh Post, February 13, 2016: Festival of Khmer Dance and Music
- Asia Life Magazine, May 8, 2015: Siem Reap’s First Professional Recording Studio
- Khmer Times, March 3, 2015: Siem Reap’s First Recording Studio Opens